About the Associate of Applied Science - Industrial Machine Mechanic
The Industrial Machine Mechanic degree program is designed to prepare students for careers in plant machinery installation, maintenance, and fabrication.
Freeport McMoRan, Inc. sponsors a mining program designed to prepare students for direct employment in the mining industry. There are special admission requirements for this program. Contact 717-2002 for details.
General and Program-Specific Requirements
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Upon successful completion of the Industrial Machine Mechanic Degree program, the learner will be able to:
- Troubleshoot, replace, and repair hydraulic and pneumatic system components. (IPT 110, IPT 120, IPT 160, IPT 295, MET 160)
- Fabricate and repair industrial machinery components. (IPT 260, IPT 295, WLD 112, WLD 113, WLD 250)
- Safely utilize machine shop equipment. (AGS 101 or CSA 126, IPT 260, IPT 261, IPT 295, MET 116, MET 150)
- Troubleshoot and repair conveyance systems. (IPT 260)
- Troubleshoot and repair bulk material handlers. (IPT 140, IPT 260, IPT 261)
- Repair and replace valves. (IPT 130)