About the Automotive Master Technician Certificate
Completion of this certificate program will prepare students for the National Automotive Service Excellence Certification examinations to become a Certified Master Automobile Technician and a Certified Engine Machinist. In addition, students will develop troubleshooting and analysis skills that will increase their diagnostic and repair abilities. Applied computer skills and information distribution within repair facilities are incorporated in this certificate.
National Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification is essential to individuals preparing for positions in the automotive industry. ASE certification requires hands-on working experience as well as completion of written examinations. Two years of post high school educational training, such as that offered in the automotive certificate and degree programs at Yavapai College, may be substituted for up to one year of the hands on work experience requirement of the ASE certification.
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Upon successful completion of the Automotive Master Technician Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the parts and rebuild a basic engine and a modified performance engine. (AUT 108, AUT 151)
- Explain and diagnose electrical circuits, electrical components, and computer related problems. (AUT 109, AUT 252)
- Rebuild an automatic transmission and transaxle manual transmission, and transaxle driveline and differential. (AUT 122, AUT 124)
- Replace steering and suspension components and align a front-end. (AUT 126)
- Diagnose and repair automotive air conditioning and heating systems. (AUT 128)
- Tune up, adjust and diagnose an internal combustion engine system. (AUT 131)
- Diagnose, remove, and replace an entire automotive brake system including ABS and traction control system. (AUT 123)