About the Fire Service Officer/Manager Certificate
The Fire Service Officer/Manager certificate is designed for those interested in fire service leadership/management and in becoming a fire service officer.
Upon successful completion of the Fire Service Officer/Manager Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify and analyze the major cause of firefighter deaths in the line of duty related to health, fitness, wellness and vehicle operations. (FSC 225)
- Prescribe safety procedures for personnel operating in the fire ground. (FSC 236)
- Define and use basic terms and concepts associated with the chemistry and dynamics of fire. (FSC 210)
- Direct firefighting operations to achieve maximum property conservation. (FSC 238)
- Lead functions and processes as the emergency scene commander. (FSC 239)
- Incorporate and manage cost containment, budgeting, data analysis, personnel evaluation, community planning, and departmental and public organization. (FSC 240)
- Determine factors and principles related to fire resistance, building codes and fire suppression issues. (FSC 241)
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Note: It is always best to discuss educational and career goals with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in any courses. Learn more about Academic Advising.