About the Therapy and Service Dog Team Skills Certificate
The Therapy and Service Dog Team Skills Certificate provides the student and canine with skills required for therapy dog team work and the canine behavior foundation skills for the student/canine team to continue on with advanced service dog training from third party providers. The student/canine team will also gain the skills needed to take the Canine Good Citizen (CGC) test and the therapy dog evaluation exam offered by evaluators from three national therapy dog organizations.
This certificate is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid. To explore other financial aid opportunities, please visit the YC Answer Center.
Upon successful completion of the Therapy and Service Dog Team Skills Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Apply positive canine training and handling skills. (AGS 180, AGS 182, AGS 185)
- Explain canine behavior and psychology and apply it to training and to reading a dog's body presentation. (AGS 180, AGS 182, AGS 185)
- Articulate and use canine training concepts and skills in working with service and therapy dogs. (AGS 185)
- Apply communication skills with the general public. (AGS 185)
- Use canine handling skills in diverse public environments and with distractions. (AGS 180, AGS 182, AGS 185)
Service Unavailable. We are currently experiencing a technical outage and will be back up shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Note: It is always best to discuss educational and career goals with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in any courses. Learn more about Academic Advising.