Sciences, Health and Public Services Division
- Scott Farnsworth
Welcome to the Sciences, Health and Public Services Division. Our division consists of a wide variety of programs and courses from Allied Health to Zumba. We offer a variety of degrees, certificates, transfer credits, and personal interest options. The following web pages provide you information you need to further your educational interests.
Yavapai College is unique, having a university educational environment at a community college price and convenience. Average class size is under 25 students per class, giving students and instructors opportunities for genuine interaction. State of the art equipment and technology assist the learning and success of our students. Our instructors have the expertise and passion for learning in their respective fields that motivate students to explore life. I invite you to find out all that our Sciences and Health Division has to offer. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us.
Full-Time Faculty Directory
Facilities & Features
Allied Health, Nursing & Sciences
- Fully-equipped morgue that houses up to three cadavers for student instruction.
- State-of-the-art equipment, including microscopes, dissection tools, and chemistry equipment.
- Extensive geological specimen collection, including access to meteorite samples.
- Herbarium with unique plant specimens.
- Organic life specimen collection, including birds, fish, reptiles, insects, and mammals.
- Bone and fossil collection.
Health, Physical Ed & Recreation
- Aerobics Room
- Locker Rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Weight Room
- IFAC-accredited training academies for Fire Science at Prescott and Verde Valley campuses.
- Northern Arizona Regional Training Academy (NARTA) for police officer training and certification.